If there is a change you want to create or a goal you want to achieve, a powerful way to give yourself a strong start and to set yourself up to succeed is to ask yourself questions that are designed to get you on track and keep you on track as you move forward.
To help you with that, here are 10 questions to ask yourself to set yourself up to create change and achieve your goals successfully.
Start by getting crystal clear on what outcomes you want to achieve. As you think about those specific outcomes, ask yourself these questions:
1. What do you need to do more of or start doing?
2. What do you need to do less of or stop doing altogether?
3. What is currently getting in the way or holding you back? What will you do about that? When?
4. What setbacks, obstacles, or challenges might come up as you move forward? What will you put in place to reduce the risks of them arising or to manage them effectively if they do?
5. What habits would you benefit from forming to set yourself up to succeed? What are the first steps you need to take to do that?
6. What habits do you need to change so that they don’t hold you back or sabotage your progress?
7. What do you need to learn to achieve the specific results you desire? How and when will you do that?
8. What support and resources do you need to set yourself up to succeed? How and when will you put those in place?
9. What boundaries do you need to put in place to protect what matters most to you as you move forward?
10. This last question is important but often overlooked. It takes mental, physical, and emotional energy to achieve what matters most to you. Don’t make the mistake of overlooking it:
- What drains your mental, physical, and emotional energy? What will you do to remove or deal with those things?
- What things boost your mental, physical, and emotional energy? What will you do to increase those things?
Make prioritizing and protecting your energy levels a top priority. It is the fuel that drives you to where you want to go.
Have a go at this self-assessment exercise and see what comes up for you. When you have done it, turn what comes up for you into a solid action plan to set yourself up to succeed in achieving the specific results you desire.
Ask yourself these questions every month to keep yourself on track as you move forward.
You will receive regular strategies and resources on topics related to
creating change to achieve what matters most to you.