Here are 13 questions to ask yourself to set yourself up to achieve what matters most to you in your life, work, or business:
Start by getting crystal clear on what it is you want to achieve. Maybe it is a change you would like to create or a goal you would like to achieve.
As you think about that specific change or goal, ask yourself these questions:
1. What do I need to start doing more of?
2. What do I need to start doing less of?
3. What do I need to start doing?
4. What do I need to stop doing?
5. What is currently getting in the way or holding you back? What will you do about that? When?
6. What boundaries do you need to put in place to protect what matters most to you?
7. What setbacks, obstacles, or challenges might come up as you move forward? What will you put in place to reduce the risks of that?
8. What habits would you benefit from forming to set yourself up to succeed? What are the first steps you need to take to do that?
9. What habits do you need to change so that they don’t hold you back or sabotage your progress?
10. What do you need to learn to achieve what matters most to you by the end of the year? How and when will you do that?
11. What support and resources do you need to set yourself up to succeed? How and when will you put those in place?
These following two questions are so important but often overlooked.
12. What drains your mental, physical, and emotional energy? What will you do to remove or deal with those things?
13. What things boost your mental, physical, and emotional energy? What will you do to increase those things?
The reason these last two questions are so important is because it takes mental, physical, and emotional energy to achieve what matters most to you. But most people overlook the need to take care of their energy as they are so busy focusing on tasks. Don’t make that mistake. Make prioritizing and protecting your energy levels a top priority. It is the fuel that drives you to where you want to go.
Have a go at this self-assessment exercise and see what comes up for you. When you have done it, turn what comes up for you into a solid action plan to set yourself up to succeed in achieving what matters most to you.
Ask yourself these questions every month to keep yourself on track as you move forward.
You will receive regular strategies and resources on topics related to
creating change to achieve what matters most to you.